Family room extensions
Family rooms can provide that essential space for families to spend quality time together. A larger kitchen, dining space and additional lounge area is always top of our clients list of must haves. In addition bi fold doors or roof windows give the extended space light and ensure to bring the outside in for all of those important entertaining evenings with family and friends.
The family room extension is something we design alongside our clients requirements on a daily basis. Take a look at our porfolio here
Things to consider when adding a family room extension to your home:
- What is your budget? Aside from our architectural fees you may require planning approval, building consent and structural calculations. You can check whether you require planning approval for your extension by visiting the Planning Portal. Alternatively, as part of the service we offer we can find out this information for you.
- How does the drainage work where you'd like to extend? An Anglian Water agreement may be required. This is also a service that we can provide you if it is something that your project needs.
- Is your property listed or do you live in a conservation area?
- Ensure you manage your space. How will your kitchen be designed to work for you and your family? Do you wish to add a lounge and dining space?
- The addition of bi fold doors in order to bring the outside space into your extension.
- A ceiling lantern or roof windows so that as much light as possible can flood into your family room.
- How may the extension impact on your home? Consider if you can live on site whilst the work is being carried out.
Ready to take the next step?
Contact us today to book your consultation.